  From: Brian Julin <bri@forcade.calyx.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 08:44:47 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Mach64 support? and some questions

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Peter Hawkins wrote:
> 2) Is kgi still being developed? Or have people dumped it in favour of
> kgicon / fbcon?

Yes but concentration is shifted to getting kgicon working so
people don't have to patch the kernel.

> 3) Why doesn't the kgicon IBM vga driver compile? I go to the directory
> kgicon/kgi, do a ./configure, select all the IBM vga options, and then
> do a 'make'. It bombs on the first file complaining about missing header
> files.

ln -s /usr/src/ggi/kgicom/include /usr/src/linux/include/kgi
ln -s /usr/src/ggi/include/ggi/ /usr/src/linux/include/ggi

That should fix.  Also cvs update just to make sure you have
the latest.

> 4) How about some kgicon docs? There are none right now.

Yes please someone accumulate old e-mails and write a kgicon/ README.INSTALL

--
Brian S. Julin