  From: Marcus Sundberg <e94_msu@e.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 12:29:44 +0200

Re: ggiGetPixelFormat and proposed new DirectBuffer scheme

WolfWings ShadowFlight wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Marcus Sundberg wrote:
> >With egcs you'll have to use
> >#if defined(__i486__) || defined(__pentium__) || defined(__pentiumpro__)
> >486 or higher
>
> Wouldn't
> #if !defines(__i386__)
> do the same as the above? Or isn't there a symbol defined for -m386?

__i386__ is unfortunately always defined on both versions of gcc

> >Well, I suppose that'll be pretty much up to the person(s) that writes
> >the extension... But I do agree with you there, provided that the P2C
> >routines are well optimized. And this goes for the C2P rotines in the
> >normal Get/Put functions too - there's not much point in including
> >features noone will use because they're too slow.
> >
> >But IIRC we have some old Amiga coders (Emmanuel? ;) here with
> >experience of such things, so it shouldn't be a problem, right?
>
> UAE nut-case here! }:>

Yeah, I've been doing some occational development on UAE since
version 0.2 or so, and I still have an Amiga, but I've never
gotten around to doing any lowlevel programming.
Reminds me that I have to make another shot at getting an IP
connection up between UAE and Linux. ;)

Btw, I got my Amiga Forever CD this week, and I was sort of amused
by the fact that uae-ggi was the only Unix-binary on the CD. :)
On the other hand I'm pretty sure that it was the old GGI 0.0.8
binary, so it won't be of much use to anyone...

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |      E-Mail: e94_msu@e.kth.se