  From: WolfWings ShadowFlight <wolfwings@lightspeed.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 02:52:05 -0700 (PDT)

Re: Do We Want KGI To Be The Standard? (Re: I'm back)

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Hartmut Niemann wrote:

>- if we have a BSDish license, the GNU/Linux crowd says *no*.
>- if we have the GPL, the *BSD crowd says *never*.

I think ya' just hit the nail on the head, sadly. The BSD and Linux crowds
are using licenses which are simply incompatable, which is doing nothing
in the long term but hindering both greatly. On it's own the GPL _concept_
is great, but the license royally can bite one in the ass because it's
_so_ hard-nosed about keeping stuff free, but sadly, it seems nothing
that's not GPL can make it into the Linux kernel proper, as it's GPL
which, ATM last I checked, makes anything added to it GPL'ed as well.

*sigh* I love Linux dearly, but this is the one spot I truly hate it for,
as it's it's strongest point, and at the same time weakest point. It just
seems so much like the Emulation community, everyone trying to hard to
one-up everyone else, and losing sight of the goal, to help the users.
             _
     _     _|_  WolfWings ShadowFlight
|_|_| |_|_| | |  She needs to fly...
 _           /   Let all the hurt,