  From: teunis <teunis@computersupportcentre.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 09:34:31 -0700 (MST)

Re: Removal of GGI Console from Degas

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Brian Julin wrote:

> On 3 Aug 1998, Jason McMullan wrote:
>
> >   The GGI Console code is moving out of the Degas distrib. and
> > into it's own CVS tree on one of my servers (in the US).
>
> Umm OK.  But don't you former EvStackers try pulling what you did
> last time :)  (That is, not merge/syncronize your driver tree and KGI
> patches to integrate new material from the mainline distribution.)
> I'd like to get away with rewriting my drivers under ten times please...
>
> (P.S. Out with it, The honest truth -- is the Degas scroller API stable
> enough to be worth implementing?)

Yes! :)
And I've preferred the EvStack kernel since it had removable GGI
drivers.... :)
[and did graphical consoles - in imho a lot cleaner way than fbcons but
that's life *sigh*]

(last time I tried to port the S3 ViRGE driver over though the
driver-structure was going through a rebuild to make it more logical and
useful...  oh and work properly too :)

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis

PS: Rewriting drivers is part and parcel of development, yes?  (ref:
development of migranes :)