  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 15:01:06 +1000

Re: kgicon, etc [I don't have any scsi device!]

James writes:

>  > I've had that happen inserting my ET6000 driver, and my feeling is that
>  > the memory/stack trashing that causes lynx to Oops is also causing this.
>  > It may even be a "thing not initialized properly" problem, I don't know.
>
>  Try mapping the consoles back to the vgafb driver without removing the
>  ET6000 driver, then hit enter a few times.  Notice how the scanline-start
>  moves every time?  Looks like the vgafb console scrolling causes the
>  problem.  If you do "insmod kgicon; con2fbmap 0 1" on the same line, you
>  won't get the wrap.

Ahhh just a "kgicon didn't set origin" bug -- it's probably fixed in my
latest changes to CVS (I went through it with a fine-toothed comb making
sure set-origin, set-split and set-palette was being done where it needs
to be done).

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/