  From: Marcus Sundberg <e94_msu@e.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 10:09:08 +0200

Re: libGGI on OpenBSD

Jason Ish wrote:

> > Could you please "export LIBGGI_DEBUG=255", run the demo and
> > post the output. It should give some clues about what goes
> > wrong.
>
> jason@foo [~/ggi-cvs/degas/lib/libggi/demos] $ ./demo
> init.c:226: Debugging=255
> init.c:386: Loading driver display-x::0.0
> dl.c:53: hand.handle=0x400171c0
> dl.c:60: hand.init=0x0
> dl.c:61: hand.cleanup=0x0

The last three lines says that dlopen()ing
/usr/local/lib/ggi/display/X.so works fine, but dlsym()
can't find the entry symbols GGIdlinit and GGIdlcleanup.

To me this looks like an incorrectly built X.so, or maybe
incorrect (for BSD) use of dlopen/dlsym, but as I don't
know much about BSD I have no idea how to fix it.

> Now I don't have /dev/graphic but wouldn't think I needed it for the X
> target.

Yes, /dev/graphic is only needed for the KGI-target, which libggi
tries to open when the X-target fails.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |      E-Mail: e94_msu@e.kth.se