  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 00:53:26 +0200 (MEST)

Re: Should project use GGI?

> >> On what "target" (as we call the thing we really display on, like X,
> >> SVGAlib, fbcon, KGI, Glide) would you like to develop/run otherwise ?

> I basically want something that I can primarily develop and run on Linux
> (I'm assuming under X, because I don't know anything about the other
> targets.) and later port to win32(yuck!).

This might turn into a "noop", once our Win32 developer gets his problems
with the cross-compiler sorted out :-).

> The other library I am considering is Mesa, but I'm just guessing that
> it would have a lot of unnecessary overhead since I'm not going to use
> any of the 3-D stuff.

Well - Mesa is very nice, too. The fun point is, that there is Mesa-GGI,
which makes Mesa render on GGI.

CU,Andy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =