  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 15:53:07 +1000

Re: Event handling

Jon writes:

>  On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Steve Cheng wrote:
>  > I guess the tricky part is handling VT switches (and save/restore video
>  > mode), but I haven't read much of the fbdev target's code yet ;-)
>
>  	Well I have read the s--- out of it since I posted this, and I
>  think I know better what is needed now - the fbdev event handling code
>  needs to be pulled out into display/common, like the X event handling code
>  is.  There are several display-only targets (glide, memory, monotext,
>  fbdev) that need that common Linux event-handling code for keyboards, mice
>  and joysticks that is in display/fbdev.  Andrew, what say you to this?

Yes that's what I've been planning to do (display/L_common for 'L'inux
specific stuff).  [BTW, memory ? monotext ? they don't need it.]

I've been having a break from GGI coding for the last couple of days,
but I'll get stuck into moving the common code from display/fbdev to
display/L_common *right now*.

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/