  From: Emmanuel Marty <core@suntech.fr>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 05:18:07 +0000

Re: Trying to check in with CVS: Help!

Sengan Baring-Gould wrote:

> I'm getting only grief from cvs. What works with anoncvs does not work
> for my new account.

Hmm.. Works for everyone else with new accounts this week (Isaac, Teunis..) :)

> cvs -d :pserver:sengan@cvs.ggi-project.org:/projects/ggi/cvsdevel
> checkout degas/kgicon/kgi/chipset/Cyrix/gx.c
> protocol error: directory '/cvsdevel/degas/kgicon/kgi/chipset/Cyrix' not
> within root '/projects/ggi/cvsdevel'

What version of CVS are you using? CVS 1.9 is the minimum requirement.
(type cvs --version)

Also, why is it talking about a /cvsdevel directory above degas, did you
check out inside that directory or something?

> It'd be nice if I could get this to work as I have some changes I'd like
> to commit which
> fix a few things. (Like make it work in most resolutions)

If you want that committed quickly just mail me the changes, but I want
to get your access to work :)

--
Emmanuel