  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@ecs.csus.edu>
  Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 14:48:56 -0700 (PDT)

Event handling

	I have been in communication with Daryll Strauss, author of
Linux-Glide (I made /dev/3dfx work with 2.1.xx kernels), and in the course
of talking with him about that I took the opportunity to complain^Wask
about what I percieved to be Glide's broken keyboard handling.  He said he
didn't know of any problems and even sent me the relevant Glide code (not
under NDA).

	Well, as it turns out, Glide's lin_kbhit() and lin_getch()
functions are just wrappers around select(stdin) |->.  The keyboard is put
into raw mode, but other than that there's nothing special.  So it appears
as if I can use stdio after all.  Now the question is how should I do
that?  Should I just copy events.c from the fbdev target?  That is what I
am looking at right now, but I want to make sure I don't do something
stupid... any advice?

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'