  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@ecs.csus.edu>
  Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 15:44:45 -0700 (PDT)

Glide-2d target updates

	In the course of my LibGGI3D work, I discovered just how badly out
of date the base 2D Glide target code was.  So I took a break from
LibGGI3D coding last night to try to hack it back into shape.  It now uses
the mansync helper instead of doing its own flush timers and DirectBuffer
for the secondard buffer handling.  I also did a bunch of misc.  cleanups.
Finally, I added display-glide back into libggi.conf.templ.

	So does it all work now?  Well, not exactly |-<.  demo.c
occasionaly manages to get one or two (correctly-drawn) screens drawn
before the screen goes black.  The problem is in the event handling.  I'm
going to do some more work on that today, using the SVGALib and AALib
targets as models.  Also, the GGI_AUTO support could use some work.

	Wish me luck....

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'