  From: Matthew Wilkins <wilco@wilco.dyn.ml.org>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 16:36:18 -0400

Re: Anyone get 800x600 on kgi-fbcon?

Quoth Sengan Baring-Gould (sengan@seqnet.net):
> I've been trying to work out why my monitor will not sync in 800x600
> on the MediaGX. All the timings look right (the same as the ones
> produced
> by dali which does work in 800x600), so do the config registers...
>
> On the ATI Rage thread people were saying that they never got 800x600 to
>
> work. So I'm wondering if there's some bug in kgi-fbcon.c. Has anyone
> succeeded to set 800x600 on a kgi-fbcon.c system of any kind?
>
> Sengan

the Mach64 driver with the multisync monitor driver has never set 800x600
for me, but with the monosync SVGA driver it works reliably up to 1024x768.
I don't know about other people. Keep in mind that the ATI driver has only been
able to set modes at all for about a week :)

MW

--
Matt Wilkins
7mw2@qlink.queensu.ca