  From: Jason McMullan <jmcc@ontv.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: 30 Aug 1998 13:49:40 GMT

Re: External symbols for kgicon module

James A Simmons wrote:
>       OK, I agree.  I think the best solution is to turn the damn cfbx
> code into modules that are compiled and linked intelligently by the kernel
> according to a set of dependencies.  It is absurd to have the user have to
> figure out the dependencies themselves.

   Yep. I'm converting them into `text render modules' (ie,
struct kgi_text_operations) in the new GGI Console code -
which I hope to release a PPC version by Monday.

   It's _pretty_ easy to convert the cfbX stuff to renderers,
but it isn't automatic yet.

--
Jason McMullan - Linux - GGI - http://pepsi.visus.com/~jmcc

On the wonderful world of Microsoft Products:

  Why put fault tolerance in the OS, when it's
  already built into the User?
	-- Steve Shaw <nospamola_sbshaws@kc-primary.net>
	   comp.os.linux.advocacy