  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 15:59:44 +1000

Re: New function in libggiMisc RFC.

Tristan Wibberley writes:

>  I think something is needed for greater window system support (in X and
>  eventually berlin).

Yep.

>  typedef struct {
>  	GGI_WINSTD;
>  	title;
>  	resizeable;	/* not by default no way, but allows
>  			   you to resize and check mode on EvExpose */
>  	geometry;
>  	winstyleflags;
>  } ggimisc_xwin;
>
>  typedef struct {
>  	GGI_WINSTD;
>  	title;
>  	titleface;
>  	blah;
>  } ggimisc_berlin;

What I had in mind was extending ggi_mode to support the basics, as in:

    ggi_coord window_pos;
    char *window_title;
    uint32 window_flags;

The pos field would be parsed by ggiParseMode() [the code is already
there to do this].  The window_flags flags (if this field was deemed
worth having) would contain some very standardized values, for example:

    #define GGI_WINF_NO_TITLE       0x0001
    #define GGI_WINF_NO_BORDER      0x0002  /* implies NO_TITLE */
    #define GGI_WINF_NO_INPUT       0x0004
    #define GGI_WINF_NO_MOVE        0x0008
    #define GGI_WINF_ALWAYS_TOP     0x0010
    #define GGI_WINF_ALWAYS_BOTTOM  0x0020
/*  #define GGI_WINF_CAN_RESIZE     0x0100  */

Full screen targets would just ignore the window_* fields.  I'm not sure
about resizing, I think it could get hairy and more trouble than it's
worth (such as: how to define the minimum and maximum sizes).

What do people think ?

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/