  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 10:04:46 +0000

Re: Setting the configuration automaticly

yiyus wrote:

> Hello GGI people,
> I am working in an installation program and I would like to give it a
> nice GUI with GGI. My problem is that it should look for the user
> chipset, clock, etc and configure GGI. Is (or will be) this possible?
> To hear your comments, this is my idea for the installation program:
> using svgagui with the svgalib wrapper, libggi and KGI or AA lib if
> there is no other way. What do you think?

Requiring GGI to be installed before you can configure GGI doesn't
make much sense to me (even if we're talking about different parts
of GGI like here). IMHO there's no need for a graphical
installation/configuration system for GGI. But if you want to use
libggi to write such a program to use for other packages I'll be
happy to answer any questions you have.

Btw, there's already a port of svgagui to libGGI, you should use
that one natively with libggi instead of using the SVGAlib wrapper.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se