  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@ecs.csus.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 14:28:00 -0700 (PDT)

Re: questions about kgicon and libggi

On Sat, 29 Aug 1998, Marcus Sundberg wrote:

> Steve Cheng wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 29 Aug 1998, Marcus Sundberg wrote:
> >
> > > TO DEVELOPERS:
> > > When you commit something - make sure that the permissions
> > > are correct! All files should have 0644 permissions, and
> > > for directories and scripts, or that with 0111.
> >
> > You mean CVS tries to use my permissions instead of a default???
> > ARGGH!!!
>
> Yes, CVS can be a weird animal sometimes. ;)

	CVS is not my favorite utility |-<.  I hope that the prcs project
implements pserver capabilities soon.  The best thing would be to have a
"RCS filesystem", which could be mounted and shared live remotely (like
NFS) but would also have revision control capabilities, like a special
version of rm which would roll back revisions and a special version of cp
which would do diff-merges instead of copying files over each other.

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'
	- Scientist G. Richard Seed