  From: MenTaLguY <mentalg@geocities.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 12:38:18 -0500 (EST)

Re: LibGGI2D, LibGGI3D and targets

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Jon M. Taylor wrote:

> 	But the problem is that the targets implement an API with those
> stubs, and the LibGGI2D API is different from the LibGGI3D and LibGWT
> APIs.  Either you'd have to merge all LibGGIxx APIs into one for these
> mega-targets, or have some way of implementing multiple versions of the
> same target for the different LibGGIxx libraries, and if you are going to
> do that last then why not separate the different targets and put them in
> their LibGGIxx subdirectories?

Ah... now I see.  yes, it would probably be appropriate to keep the libGGI
_STUBS_ (they are not the same as "targets", last I checked) with the
appropriate extension library.  There certainly should be separate
"foo-vendor-hw-(extension)" stubs for each extension.  I dunno if they
should be packaged with the extension library or with the KGI driver for
sure or not.  I guess it depends on the driver (i.e. would it come with the
LibGGI distro, or is it third-party?), and the extension library (does it
actually relate to specific hw or not?)

Get your terminology straight.  Otherwise people will argue with you
needlessly.

-=MenTaLguY=-