  From: MenTaLguY <mentalg@geocities.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 12:32:50 -0500 (EST)

Re: LibGGI2D, LibGGI3D and targets

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Jon M. Taylor wrote:

> 	I see, so in this case there would only be one fbdev target for
> all of the LibGGI[xx] system, and the [xx] libraries would use
> "sub-targets" within the main targets?

Not sub-targets, sub-stubs.  Stubs are secondary libraries loaded by targets
-- if the target has decided to load the "foo-vendor-hw" stub (containing
stuff for the base libggi operations), LIBGGI _itself_ will worry about
automagically loading "foo-vendor-hw-2d" or "foo-vendor-hw-gwt" or
"foo-vendor-hw-3d" as necessary.  The LibGGI _target_ DOES NOT NEED TO KNOW
about 2d, 3d, gwt, or any other extension library.

It is the "foo-vendor-hw-3d" _stub_ that must know about LibGGI3d.  that's
it.

-=MenTaLguY=-