  From: Matthew Wilkins <wilco@wilco.dyn.ml.org>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 22:26:35 -0400

Re: Problems with ATI Mach64 Driver...

Isaac Connor (iconnor@penultima.ml.org) said:

> Just so everyone knows, I have been having this problem since Matthew
> added mode setting.  His apprently works, but noe one else's.
yes.  I'm a little stumped what would cause this; nothing I've tried will
reproduce it.  Anyone have any ideas?

> Now Mathew has a (please correct, and update this info Mathew, I'd like to
> see if we can narrow down why it works for you and not for us)
>
> Rage II bsed card, revision 65, with 4 meg ram.
> I have a Rage II based card, rev 65, with 2 meg of ram.
>
> Mathew is using the ADI Multisync monnitor driver
> I am using the NEC XV15 Multisync monitor driver.
>

> Mathrew is uniprocessor?
> I am multiprocessor
> This person below ismultprocessor.
> My machine at work is uniprocessor.
> This machine ast work is a Rage II+DVD Mach64 GP, and exhibits the same
> problem.
this is all correct.

> How bout other modes, let's all try 800x600 shall we?
I've only gotten my monitor to sync in 800x600 once with this driver, and
nothing higher has ever worked.

As Isaac said, I get the full width of text; the 'repeated columns' problem
doesn't happen on my machine.

Incidentally, I'm having a different problemr:
On the right half or so of the screen in 640x480 mode, some of the columns of
text are messed up.  the pixels in these columns turn on and off rapidly,
and sometimes show up about 5 columns to the left of where they should be.
the effect seems to be aligned with the text, but it shows up in the graphical
GGI demos too.  I guess this might be happening on other peoples' machines too,
except that they aren't seeing the right part of the screen at all.

any ideas from the gurus out there?

MW

--
Matt Wilkins