  From: Marcus Sundberg <e94_msu@e.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 11:45:38 +0200

Re: setinfoflags and mansync changes

Steve Cheng wrote:

> Been trying to do the ggiSetInfoFlags changes,

What changes? Have I missed something?

>    We'll leave it as taking no arguments for MANSYNC_CHILD, and all mansync
>    visuals should share the mansync_hook_with_a_clashpreventing_name hack so
>    you can use e.g. X and AAlib sync mode together.

Yes, this is a good idea.
But it will require that the mansync-handling code be moved either
into the core libggi or into a helper-mansync library.
I vote for the latter.

This also reminds me that I still think dlopen()ing the same
library several times is a bad idea, because I don't think
the reulting behaviour is really defined.

Is there any reason we shouldn't cache opened libraries and
keep a usagecount on them?

>    pthread code takes vis as argument -- yes, it's inconsistent, but mansync
>    isn't an automatic feature anyway.
>
>    And I suggest renaming the variable to _GGI_mansync_hook because the
>    above name is too long!

Agreed. I also suggest we create a GLOBAL_INTERNALS file listing
all global symbols that are internal to libggi, to prevent
clashes in the future.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |      E-Mail: e94_msu@e.kth.se