  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 18:15:19 +0200

Re: questions about kgicon and libggi

Neal Tucker wrote:

> Andrew Apted says:
> > That's a problem with the anonymous CVS repository.  AFAIK, the tarballs
> > on the FTP site _do_ have the correct permissions.
>
> No, this is not the case (I am looking at devel from 0828).
> The exec bits are still not set.

Then your tar is broken. exec bits _are_ set in the FTP archives.
(specificly the 0828 snapshot which I just DLed)

> Also, something I've been meaning to mention for a while but keep
> forgetting is that many many files are mode 666, 664, 777, etc.
> This is a major pain because I let other people log into my machine,
> so I have to fix this every time.  This is especially bad for source
> that I routinely compile and execute as root.

Hmm, you're right about that, but that's easily fixed by setting
up a proper umask, which you should do anyway.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se