  From: Jim Ursetto <ursetto@uiuc.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 11:05:21 -0500

Re: make-3.77 and another problem

At 09:29 AM on 1998 August 28, Boszormenyi Zoltan did write:
> At 07.53 1998.08.28. +0100, Jon M. Taylor wrote:
> >> 800x600x(8 or 32)              - the upper 1/3 of the screen is blanked.
> >
> >	Timing problems.  Have you tried a different monitor driver?
>
> It is the same with both timelist VESA and monosync SVGA.
> I have not tried any multisync monitor driver yet. I will try some that
> do not exceed my monitor's specs too much.

I have the same problem here, and have had for several months--both
timelist and monosync give large blank areas on the top and on the left
side of the screen.  Multisync works fine, _but_ the monitors in the list
have extremely high max refresh rates (90-100 Hz) and my picture is
distorted or way off center in this case (I manually change the monitor
spec file to fix this, you can too).

Anyway, although monosync and timelist both center the picture perfectly
on my screen, there is this blank-area problem which makes them unusable.
(And the stray CRT beam problem with multisync, but I can live with that
for now.)  Unfortunately I haven't had time yet to try and find the problem.

--
Jim Ursetto        | Though dreams can be deceiving/Like faces are to hearts
ursetto@uiuc.edu   | They serve for sweet relieving/When fantasy and reality