  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 17:51:52 +0200

Re: LibGGI Thread-safety (was Re: Some things that seem to be missing)

Andrew Apted wrote:

> Steve writes:
>
> >  > Yes, that is INCREDIBLY bad... as few other people seem to care, I'm going
> >  > to have to mess with CVS and start throwing code at thread-saftey myself, I
> >  > guess.
> >
> >  The locking macros (lib/libggi/include/structs.h) has always been there, but
> >  nobody uses them :-(
> >
> >  I'd appreciate any help securing the existing code, but it's just this
> >  mansync dilemma :-(  -- see below.
>
> Imho SYNC mode is an total abomination and should be cut out of LibGGI
> with a dirty big knife ASAP.  Everywhere (in code & docs) we strongly
> recommend people don't use it, yet it remains (and as the default too !).

Yes, I've been wanting to do that since December last year (when
I first started messing with the sync-code...)
If we can only convince Andy that it's the right thing to do...

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se