  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 13:28:44 +1000

Re: libggi doc changes

Marcus writes:

>  Well that's what I meant. But as Get/Put buffers don't have a
>  fixed width they don't have a fixed stride either. Therefore
>  we call it "modulo" or something like that. It's meaning will be
>  that the horizontal buffer size must always be an integer multiple
>  of it.

`modulo' sounds OK.  Putting it in the ggiGetPixelFormat() structure
would be best IMHO, so we don't need any extra API.

Documentation:
  The `modulo' field specifies the padding requirements for horizontal
  lines in the buffer for ggiPutBox() and ggiPutHLine().  Padding can be
  performed as follows:

     for (; cur_len % pixfmt->modulo; cur_len++) *buf++ = 0;

  [assuming cur_len is the current length of the line (in bytes), and buf
   is a pointer to uint8].

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/