  From: Marcus Sundberg <e94_msu@e.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 10:53:13 +0200

Re: PenguinPlay IRC meeting. GGI developers wanted.

Emmanuel Marty wrote:
> > > It would ease my job (as the maintainer of this pg2d) if we could use
> > > GGI on all platforms. but if performance issues crop up, or GGI is not
> > > available, then pg2d will go native.
>
> libggi should be available on any platform. If it isn't, it is to be ported. The
> most important missing one is win32, and last time I checked, progress
> was good (Marcus? :)..

Well, the big problem currently is that my mingw32 compiler
produces non-working DLLs, so I can't do any testing at all.
But it compiles fine, and the stars demo did work with cygwin32
and the X target, so libggi itself shouldn't cause much problems
if I could only get a working compiler. And hacking up a simple
DirectX target shouldn't be that hard.

But if I don't get my mingw32 crosscompiler to do DLLs soon
I suppose I'll have to *shudder* boot into NT and try the
native mingw32 compiler...

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |      E-Mail: e94_msu@e.kth.se