  From: MenTaLguY <mentalg@geocities.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 20:47:20 -0500 (EST)

Re: LibGGI2D, LibGGI3D and targets

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Jon M. Taylor wrote:

> 	Good.  I am going to code all LibGGI3D targets separately, then.

Well, really you should code separate libggi3d _stubs_, not complete
targets. The job of the target is to load general "categories" of stubs by
prefix to match the underlying implementation ... see the "blah-foo-stub"
prefix example in my previous post.  You actually shouldn't need to do much
in the target itself to accomodate loading the 3d stubs when needed, if
anything at all.

> > > The demos in lib/libggi/demos all seem to be 2D-oriented
> >
> > Well, 2D as in ggiPutPixel(), ggiDrawLine() etc.  They don't actually call
> > LibGGI2d's functions.
>
> 	Now I am confused again.  I thought that all 2D-specific drawing
> functions were pulled out into LibGGI2D.  I thought that was why LibGGI2D
> was created.

Ideally, but a few functions stayed behind in libggi just because we
couldn't write any remotely useful demos without even putpixel and drawline.
LibGGI's demos needed a minimum of 2d functionality to actually put
something on the screen...

So the separation is not ideal, but all new 2d stuff should go in the
libggi2d-specific stubs anyway.

-=MenTaLguY=-