  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 02:28:51 +1000

Re: libggi doc changes

Marcus writes:

>  The Xlib target uses an XImage for the Get/Put functions, and
>  XImages always have stride%4 == 0 when the pixel-size is 3 bytes.
>  There may also be other hardware accelerated targets that has
>  such requirements in the future.

So do we mess up the now-nice get/put buffer API to accommodate crap
like this ?  I'd rather we didn't, since the more complicated we make
the API becomes the harder it is to write programs to use it properly.

I guess just exporting a `stride' field (like what is already in the
pixellinearbuffer) would be OK, but IMHO that's where it's gotta end
otherwise we may as well go back to using the nasty old DirectBuffer.

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/