  From: Steve Cheng <elmert@ipoline.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 00:10:00 -0400 (EDT)

Re: ggi man page & info [Re: kgicon troubles]

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, WHS wrote:

> If it can't or if it isn't supported REALLY soon (and then it must also

Unfortunately, not any time soon.

> give good manpages), dump sgml for libggi. Josh Yelon mentioned a few
> problems of ggi a while back, including docs. I have to agree there. Man
> pages are essential.

I agree manpages are essential.  However, we don't need to dump SGML
documentation to have manpages.  It will just create the same stupid
situation with "This documentation is no longer being maintained blah and
manpage is the authoritive source."  I personally like being able to generate
multiple formats with SGML markup, but I'm not stopping anyone from making
manpages.  Maybe I'll do it sometime...

--
Steve Cheng

email: steve@ggi-project.org