  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@ecs.csus.edu>
  Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 18:15:54 -0700 (PDT)

LibGGI2D, LibGGI3D and targets

	I've been looking at how to start coding some LibGGI3D display
targets, and in the course of exploring the existing LibGGI targets I saw
that LibGGI2D doesn't have any targets per se.  All the targets are part
of LibGGI itself.  Why is this?  IMHO, the targets, to the extent that
they handle 2D framebuffer rendering, should be part of LibGGI2D.
Otherwise, I either have to go ahead and create separate LibGGI3D display
targets (which gives LibGGI2D and LibGGI3D inconsistent structure) or I
have to add LibGGI3D code to the LibGGI targets (which adds bloat
unnecessarily).  The demos in lib/libggi/demos all seem to be 2D-oriented
- do they belong in lib/libggi2d/demos?  Please help me understand this.

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'
	- Scientist G. Richard Seed