  From: Geert Uytterhoeven <Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 21:42:46 +0200 (CEST)

Re: Anyone managed to get XF68_DEV to work?

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Andrew Apted wrote:
> Geert writes:
> >  On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Andrew Apted wrote:
> >  > modes it doesn't set the palette properly, and on 1 bit modes it a)
> >  > assumes LSBFirst (god knows why), and b) black & white are reversed (and
> >  > -flipPixels doesn't work :-<).
> >
> >  For b, this means that your frame buffer device returns the wrong mono visual
> >  type: you have FB_VISUAL_MONO01 and FB_VISUAL_MONO10.
>
> It's using FB_VISUAL_PSEUDOCOLOR since the colors can be changed by the
> palette.  I surprised that X's mfb can't handle that (seeing that Amiga
> 1 bit modes can also be arbitrarily colorized).

Well, nowadays amifb returns FB_VISUAL_MONO01 or FB_VISUAL_MONO10 for depth=1,
instead of FB_VISUAL_PSEUDOCOLOR. Mfb should be faster than afb with depth=1.

> BTW, any clue on a) ?

Because you have a little endian machine? :-)

Greetings,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven                     Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be