  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 20:34:30 +0200

Re: Matrox cards and Sync on green

> Ok, so Millenium I's will do sync-on-green, and if I remember correctly
> our driver supports that right?
>
> So my question is, what other Matrox cards will do sync-on-green, and do
> we support that?
>
> Reason:  I got lots of fixed freq monitors, and my efforts to make
> sync-on-green converteres for my mach64's are having limited success...

Stupid question:
What is sync-on-green? Is both horizontal and vertical sync
encoded into the green signal? If so, could I hook up my Millennium
card to a monochrome monitor that wants a composite signal?
(provided the card can produce correct timings ofcourse)

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se