  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 20:26:22 +0200

Re: libggi doc changes

> More I've missed.
>
> # The buffer size needs to be at least w*h*sizeof(ggi_pixel)
>
> (referring to get/put buffers.)
>
> Do we say "w * h * (ggiGetPixelFormat()->size+7) / 8" instead?
> Sounds complicated... :)
>
> Or w*h*sizeof(ggi_pixel) is "good enough" ?

It's very simple, the buffer needs to be large enough to hold
all the pixels... ;)

However I'm thinking about if we should change ggiGetPixelFormat
to ggiGetBufferFormat, which returns a struct where one of the
entries is ggi_pixelformat. Some targets (X in GT_24BIT for
example) needs to round the buffer to an even number of bytes in
some cases, so we'd need some sort of "modulo" entry to describe
this case for ggiGetBufferFormat.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se