  From: Brian Julin <bri@forcade.calyx.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 22:20:05 -0500 (EST)

Re: KGI: BETA state for compatibility module

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999, Brian Julin wrote:
> kernel: kbd-i386.c:aux_init_devices:906: unknown signature fffffe from ptr

OK, I added that signature to SIG_KEYBOARD, and now KGI sees two keyboards
laptop + docking station (!! :) :) :)).  But things behave rather
strangely.  The external keyboard typed normal characters for
a while, while the laptop keyboard input typed umlots and stuff.
Backpace on that keyboard gave me an "unknown scancode 66".
Some key-to-character mappings from that keyboard:

a -> RETURN
s -> '+'
d -> 'h'
f -> '#'
g -> '.'
h -> ','
j -> ^[[[A

Neither keyboard types on the MDA vt's even though I can switch them
with the external keyboard.  Hitting keys a lot (even just depressing
and releasing  ALT a few times) gives me occasional characters
on the MDA tty (even when not focused) and messages about keyboard
buffer overflows.  At one point I did something that screwed up the
characters from the external keyboard but it reset itself to normal
again shortly afterwards.

Some of the external keyboard input keys are garbled (had to null
out my password for a bit just in order to log in)  some of
the bad mappings are:

y --> 'z'
Y --> 'Z'
- --> yank-last-arg in bash so ^[. or ^[_

Brian

--
P.C.M.C.I.A. stands for "Plastic Connectors May Crack If Adjusted"
                                                             -- me