  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 19:53:51 +0200 (MEST)

fbdev geometry setting ...

Hi !

> > What happens on the "normal" fbcon driver on a mode-change BTW ?
> > Does the driver select from a set of "uploaded" modes or what ?

> 	The matroxfb driver changes the geometry settings but leaves timings
> 	as they were before the mode-change, so the pixelclock is usually
> 	way to low when going from a hi-res mode to a low-res mode.

Yes - I investigated a little, and the way the fbdev driver does the timing
calcs is of course not a good idea ...

I'd say it should scan /etc/fb.modes and eventually its own database and
just select the first one with matching geometry.

I suppose we have never noticed, as the kgicon drivers always calc the
timing themselves.

Anyone to code that ? Should be pretty trivial with ggGetFileOpt, if I got
the source of that function right.

CU, Andy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =