  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 17:43:03 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: Documentation, and getting SVGALib to work...

Hi !

> That doesn't seem to work for Quake, though.  I still get the messed up
> screen, like the frequency is all wrong or something.  I have another
> post showing my library versions, and that Quake is indeed finding the
> right library.  I also tried the above (s/quake2/squake) with/without
> GSW_MODEEMU=1.

> Do I need to reboot my machine?  Right now it's at
> 1024x768x16M on the fbcon (same on the X server too, but that's
> irrelevant here).

What is the fbcon driver your are using ?

Some drivers like the VESAfb driver cannot change modes.

Maybe running with strace and or GGI_DEBUG=255 might shed some light.

CU, ANdy

--
Andreas Beck              |  Email :  <Andreas.Beck@ggi-project.org>