  From: Matthew Vanecek <mev0003@unt.edu>
  To  : Christoph Egger <Christoph_Egger@t-online.de>
  Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 10:24:20 -0500

Re: Documentation, and getting SVGALib to work...

Christoph Egger wrote:

> I have written a short bash-script, which do the right things
> automatically. Here is it:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> GSW_ASYNC=1 GSW_PAGEEMU=1 GSW_DB=1 ./quake2
>
> Yes, that's all. Copy it into the directory you have installed quake2. It
> runs fine for me. Go on!
>
> Christoph Egger
> E-Mail: Christoph_Egger@t-online.de

That doesn't seem to work for Quake, though.  I still get the messed up
screen, like the frequency is all wrong or something.  I have another
post showing my library versions, and that Quake is indeed finding the
right library.  I also tried the above (s/quake2/squake) with/without
GSW_MODEEMU=1.  Do I need to reboot my machine?  Right now it's at
1024x768x16M on the fbcon (same on the X server too, but that's
irrelevant here).

--
Matthew Vanecek
Course of Study: http://www.unt.edu/bcis