  From: Steffen Seeger <s.seeger@physik.tu-chemnitz.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 11:18:35 +0200 (MEST)

Re: Kludge.org living up to name?

> On Fri, 2 Apr 1999, Brian Julin wrote:
>
> > After numerous attempts I still can't even get the
> > kludge.org lists to acknowlege I exist.  No response from them
> > whatsoever.  Yes I was sending to ggi-*-subscribe@kludge.org.
> > Yes I sent a blank message.  I even did it from the commandline
> > via sendmail a couple of times.
> >
> > I say we scrap the new lists until we find a server that works.
>
> I subscribed the new lists successfully, but when I read the message which
> is sent back to me I think it's not so flexible and easy to use as
> ggi-develop@eskimo.com. So I agree that we scrap the new lists until we
> find a server that works as the eskimo.com or perhaps better.

Except that the subscription needs an explicit confirmation (which is
neccessary if you allow someone to subscribe other people), sending
a __REPLY__ to the confirmation request, I did not experience any
difficulties. Of course, you have to read the instructions at least once.

As for features, it seems to fit the features I expect from a mailing list,
thus I don't see much reason to change (again).

We need to cut down traffic. Please try again, it worked well for me, and I
did nothing special...

			Steffen

----------------- e-mail: seeger@physik.tu-chemnitz.de -----------------