  From: BERNARD Sebastien <sebastien.bernard@cegetel.fr>
  To  : 'ggi-develop@eskimo.com' <ggi-develop@eskimo.com>
  Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 19:30:19 +0200

RE: GgiPuts and Co...

Caching all the font is sometimes an optionin the case of bitmap fonts.
You know, this kind of font is already rasterized. So, if you want to use
such a font,
the best thing is to consider that it is a font already rendered and
available in the cache.
So in this case, all the font is in the cache. It is a way to unify the
raster fonts and the
scalable fonts (like TT, T1,...).
The thing you are considering is an unified high level garbage collector for
some object I
would name as Drawable. Quite touchy to write !!!

Such a beast would be really cool to help developper.
But we should leave him the possibility to handle their own buffer managment
policy.
Something like a default policy management which could be overridable by the
application.
Then user will lock, unlock its buffer.