  From: Ketil Froyn <ketilf@ifi.uio.no>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 12:21:09 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: nubee Q

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:

> > Now what?? :)
> O.K. - first do some tests. I haven't looked at the RPMs, but I assume the
> libggi-demos RPM contains a few things to toy around with.
> For a first try, start up X as usual and try some of the demos. They should
> run in a window within your X server. If that goes well, LibGGI seems
> to work properly.

I downloaded Dave Gnukem or something like that... It was something that
was made for, and when I started it, a window came up which promptly
disappeared. :) I also tried an SVGALib app in X, but that complained
that it couldn't open the console. But it is supposed to work, right?
After I have created the necessary devices, anyway.

> > How do I configure things to use my HW?
> > I have a Panasync SL90 screen and a Matrox Millenium.
> What type of Millenium ? I, II, G200, ... ?

Millenium I.

> > I'm running RH 5.2, kernel 2.0.36 (which i plan to upgrade to 2.2.6 soon).
> First upgrade your kernel to 2.2.x. This should give you the option to
> enable matroxfb support in the kernel.

Is this something I _need_ to do?

> If you boot up with this, LibGGI will automatically make use of it, so that
> you can start programs from the console.

Cool :) Can I set up 'graphical' text-mode or whatever it was called then?

Ketil Froyn
--
He who Laughs, Lasts.

http://www.ifi.uio.no/~ketilf/