  From: BERNARD Sebastien <sebastien.bernard@cegetel.fr>
  To  : 'ggi-develop@eskimo.com' <ggi-develop@eskimo.com>
  Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:26:36 +0200

RE: GgiPuts and Co...

Not quite so.
I think (and andrea too) that we could cache all the rendered glyph.
So you can render an whole font into a bitmap then do some blitCopy between
the visual of the rendered font and the screen.
If we can be smart enough about the cache rendering, we could provide either
the
capability of rendering an whole font or rendering just the needed glyphs
(i.e. characters).
The point is that you often need a subset of the font (e is more common than
z which is
more common than the '|'). So if you are not short on memory, then you just
have to pay at
startup time.