  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 19:36:00 +0000

Re: Tested beta 2 debian packages (fwd)

Charles Briscoe-Smith wrote:
> Could libggimisc's soname be bumped back up to at least 1.4.99?  Perhaps
> making it 1.0.0 was a typo, and it was meant to have been changed to
> 2.0.0, along with libggi?  What was intended here?

Don't remember what I actually intended, but I'll bump it up to 2.0
in any case.

> There are other overlapping files, unfortunately.  /etc/ggi/* overlap.
> /usr/lib/ggi/* overlap.  I think the easiest solution is for me to make
> libggi1 and libggi2 conflict, so that you'll have to remove libggi1
> completely before installing libggi2.  I know this isn't good for
> upgrading, but the libggi1 .debs did have a big "pre-beta" warning on
> them, so I'm not too worried about breaking binaries people have compiled
> against libggi1.

Yes, all LibGGI packages should conflict until a final release is
made.

> I don't suppose the target libs or defaults libs are compatible between
> libggi1 (from 991030) and libggi2 (now)?  Just thought I'd ask...

No, many things have restructured since then.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se