  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 19:47:14 +0200 (MEST)

Re: nubee Q

Hi !

> Hi.
> I downloaded and installed these RPM-packages:
> libggi-2.0beta2-1
> libggi-demos-2.0beta2-1
> libggi-devel-2.0beta2-1
> libgii-0.5beta2-1
> libgii-demos-0.5beta2-1
> libgii-devel-0.5beta2-1
> svgalib4ggi-0.6beta2-1
> svgalib4ggi-devel-0.6beta2-1
>
> Now what?? :)

O.K. - first do some tests. I haven't looked at the RPMs, but I assume the
libggi-demos RPM contains a few things to toy around with.

For a first try, start up X as usual and try some of the demos. They should
run in a window within your X server. If that goes well, LibGGI seems
to work properly.

> How do I configure things to use my HW?
> I have a Panasync SL90 screen and a Matrox Millenium.

What type of Millenium ? I, II, G200, ... ?

> I'm running RH 5.2, kernel 2.0.36 (which i plan to upgrade to 2.2.6 soon).

First upgrade your kernel to 2.2.x. This should give you the option to
enable matroxfb support in the kernel.

If you boot up with this, LibGGI will automatically make use of it, so that
you can start programs from the console.

CU, Andy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =