  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 01:09:38 +1000

Re: GgiPuts and Co...

Andy writes:

>  > I was wondering if it could be a Good Thing (TM) that one could use
>  > tranparently some rasterizing libs like freetype engine or t1lib engine
>  > to output some texts on the screen.
>
>  Yes.
>
>  Someone should write a LibGFE (general font extension) for LibGGI.
>
>  C'mon - it's not hard. Someone make up an API proposal for it.

And there's already some code: my old LibGFont thing which had support
for truetype (via freetype), type1 (via t1lib), amiga and PSF fonts (via
plug-in libraries like LibGGI has).  The dependence on libdatatype would
need removing though.  If anyone is interested, it can be downloaded
from my homepage at <http://www.netspace.net.au/~ajapted>;.

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <ajapted@netspace.net.au>      \/