  From: Christoph Egger <Christoph_Egger@t-online.de>
  To  : Johan Karlberg <wlfshmn@failure.aroundit.com>
  Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 19:40:53 +0200 (MEST)

Re: Another little thing that annoys me..

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Johan Karlberg wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Christoph Egger wrote:
>

> > On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Johan Karlberg wrote:
> >

> > > How come whn I use kgicon, that vt switch only sometimes causes a complete
> > > setmode? I sometimes get "clkick" behaviour form the monitor, as if
> > > changin modes, even though all consoles are set to exaclty the same mode,
> > > but sometimes I don't get that behavior. it's just a silent switch, and
> > > much faster..
> > >
> > > just ood, and just wondering, everything seems to work anyways though :)
> > >
> > > johan
> > >
> > Do you use the old kgicon system which is in the ggi-snapshots or use you
> > the new kgi-0.9 system?
> > In the old kgicon system is a bug in vt-switching. It should be fixed in
> > the new system. You can download the kgi-0.9 from
> >
> > 	http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~sse/ggi/
> >
> > Take the newest archive.
> >
> > If you using the old system, please test the new one.
> >
> ok, is the new KGI api stable enough to write driver for though?display
> drivers that is.

Some people had already reported, that the new KGI api works stable.
I can't test the new KGI, because I have compiler errors (See the emails
with the subjects "Re: KGI: BETA state for compatibility module" on the
mailing-list) from me.
When you have any problems, feel free to write email to the maintainer:

	Steffen Seeger <s.seeger@physik.tu-chemnitz.de>

Cheers,

Christoph Egger
E-Mail: Christoph_Egger@t-online.de