  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 21:49:26 +0000

Matroxfb acceleration enabled - please test!

Hi,

I've now enabled LibGGI acceleration for fbdev target running on
matroxfb. If you have a Matrox Mystique, Millennium, Millennium II,
G100 or G200 - please get the latest CVS snapshot and try running
programs/demos/demo on the fbdev target with matroxfb. (And any other
program too ofcourse, but demo is a good test for the acceleration.)
I've tested it on the Millennium II and it works fine there, and is
also 2-3 times faster than the kgicon target.

This is also a LibGGI proof-of-concept for:
a) accel registers mapped directly to userspace
b) asynchronous acceleration (== accel commands are not completed
   when the drawing function returns) mixed with direct framebuffer
   access.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se