  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:58:27 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: 2 questions

Hi !

> > Lines, boxes and screen2screen blits are accelerated.
> Is that a lot? I mean, is that like 3 of 4 or 3 of 50 accelerated
> functions? :)

It's about as much as X can take advantage of ... :-). Maybe pattern expansion
left to add.

> My plan was mainly to run 1 MGA Millenium and one card with something
> else. But I can also get a hold of another Millenium. Can I not run even
> one of them accelerated? (I don't know a great deal about this).

IF the Millenium 1 works with out kgicon driver, it will be accelerated.

> And how difficult is it to make matroxfb accelerater?

Coding wise it wouldn't. But the kernel people dislike kernel mode accel.

CU, Andy

--
Andreas Beck              |  Email :  <Andreas.Beck@ggi-project.org>