  From: James Simmons <jsimmons@edgeglobal.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:18:30 -0400 (EDT)

Re: GGI 3d cube, glide target, and xggi

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Timothy MacDonald wrote:

> Hello GGI people,

howdy!

> Dual Pentium Pro 200
> 128 Megabytes EDO ECC ram
> Matrox Millenium I   ( the original millenium )
> Voodoo2 Reference Board

Wow!!! You got alot of power their.

> Redhat 5.2
> Linux Kernel 2.2.5
>     I have compiled in fbcon support and manually set support for all
> bitdepths

I assume you are using matroxfb?

>     I HAVE NOT installed kgicon
> Beta2 release of GII and GGI
> XGGI 1.6
>
> I have succesfully run all ggi demos on both the fbdev and x targets.
>
> Ok so here are my questions:

I can't answer one because I don't use or know the code for XGGI.

> 2. Is it possible for me to run the amazing 6 sided cube desktop thing
> on a glide target? I.E. can I run cube3d on a glide target and start up
> a 4 headed x server and two nixterms on the cube?

In theory you can run a ggi project on any target no matter what. I have
run the ggi demos on the glide target as weel as teh fbdev and X target.
Hum... Neat trick to try. As anyone trid this.

> 3. In general what suggestions do you guys have for demoing ggi?

GGI doom. How is Mesa GGI and crystal space working out guys?

> Thanks alot,
>
>     Timothy MacDonald
>     Unix System Administrator
>     Landmark Graphics
>     Houston, TX
>     281-560-1418
>     tmacdonald@lgc.com

James Simmons                             Seeing is deceiving.  It's
System Admin EdgeNet Inc                  eating that's believing.
Linux Kernel Developer                    -- James Thurber
jsimmons@edgeglobal.com
http://www.edgeglobal.com/~jsimmons