  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 21:17:49 +0000

Re: 2 questions

becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:
> > I'm a newbie with GGI (just joined the list). I'm sorry if these
> > questions have been answered before, but I couldn't search the
> > archives, and it was a bit too much to read.
> > I'd like to know if there is accellerated support for Matrox
> > Millenium,
>
> AFAIK yes. DOn't know how far it reaches with respect to more complex
> functions, but simple 2D is AFAIK supported.

Lines, boxes and screen2screen blits are accelerated.

> > and how far on the way multiheading support has come. Is it
> > usable?
>
> AFAIK Matrox is pretty well supported for Multihead. Marcus can probably
> tell more.

I have a Millennium II which works fine multiheaded with the kgicon
driver. Several people have however reported problems with Millennium I
cards so there might be some bugs only showing up there.
Also note that the kgicon driver only handles one Matrox Millennium
card - other card(s) must be of other type. For multihead with several
Millennium cards you have to use matroxfb (which is unaccelerated).

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se