  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 20:15:12 +0200 (MEST)

Re: 2 questions

Hi !

> I'm a newbie with GGI (just joined the list). I'm sorry if these
> questions have been answered before, but I couldn't search the
> archives, and it was a bit too much to read.
> I'd like to know if there is accellerated support for Matrox
> Millenium,

AFAIK yes. DOn't know how far it reaches with respect to more complex
functions, but simple 2D is AFAIK supported.

> and how far on the way multiheading support has come. Is it
> usable?

AFAIK Matrox is pretty well supported for Multihead. Marcus can probably
tell more.

> Oh, and I just thought up another question that has probably been here
> before :)
> Is there any noticeable difference in speed between XFree86 and XGGI?
> (XGGI is the GGI X server, right?)

Depends on the card. If we have an accelerated driver for it, it shouldn't
be much. We should measure that, though.

CU, Andy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =