  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@gaia.ecs.csus.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 06:22:09 -0700 (PDT)

Re: aalib target

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Niklas_H=F6glund?= wrote:

> > > I guess that's the only way to do it, but I would have hoped to be
> > > able to use normal text, and also some "graphical" functions.
> >
> > 	It would require the AAlib target to overload ggiPutchar() and
> > friends, right?  I think this is possible.
>
> The problem is what to do when someone uses ggiPutc() on a coordinate
> that isn't on a text line, but "between" two.

	Maybe snap the coordinate to the nearest charcell and readjust the
ASCII art around it to compensate?  You'd always get some distortion from
this in the ACSII art part, but you have to ask whether that outwieghs the
desire to have your text printing be readable.  You could select which
option you wanted with an environment variable or something.  The AA
target is just a hacker's playground anyway....

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'
	- Scientist G. Richard Seed